All authors whose abstracts have been accepted are required to submit full papers for the conference proceedings. These papers will not be subjected to a full review process, but only checked for formatting and minor edits done.
All papers for the NOM8 and Particle Separation Conferences have to be submitted using the IWA Paper Template which can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. The link to the submission page appears at the bottom of this page. If you choose to attend both NOM8 and the Particle Separation Conferences, you are allowed to submit papers for both, but only one per conference. Please adhere to the prescribed format of the template when preparing your paper.
Authors are also encouraged to submit their papers to be published in one of the IWA Journals after the conference, where it will be subjected to their normal peer review process. IWA Publishing has several journals with different scope and aims. Authors could select the best-fit journal from them for publication of their research papers. For more information, please visit the IWA Publishing journals site and read the scope and aims of the journals. Authors who are interested in publishing in the IWA journal need to show their intentions on the paper submission form by 30 September 2023.
The deadline for paper submission is 31 October 2023.
No presentation (either oral or poster) will be included in the conference programme if we have not received full payment for registration for the presenting author by 15 November 2023.
GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTATIONS
A notebook PC, data projector, screen and flip chart will be available for oral presentations. MS Office (Powerpoint) and Adobe Acrobat running under MS Windows 10 will be available on the notebook PC. Speakers should bring a copy of the presentation with them on USB Flash Drive) and are requested to load their presentations on the laptop in the break before their presentation. There is no prescribed template for the PowerPoint presentation. Speakers are requested to strictly adhere to the following prescribed time limits for their presentations. There will be an additional 5 minutes’ discussion time allowed.
- Plenary talks: 50 minutes
- Keynote talks: 30 minutes
- Oral talks: 20 minutes
The dimensions for posters should be kept within the prescribed format of A0 (maximum), portrait orientation. Material to fix the posters to the poster boards will be provided at the registration desk.
Poster presenters are expected to be available during the poster session to answer questions.
Contributions on the following topics will be welcomed:
IWA 8TH INTERNATIONAL WATER ASSOCIATION SPECIALIST CONFERENCE ON NATURAL ORGANIC MATTER (NOM8)
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
|Climate change and NOM in aquatic environment|
|Innovations in characterization, measurement and monitoring of NOM|
|Dynamics and impacts of NOM in water, wastewater, or recycling treatment processes|
|NOM as disinfection by-product precursors|
|Role of NOM in desalination processes|
|Innovative NOM removal processes in drinking water treatment|
|NOM in water supply systems (water treatment processes, biofilms, chemical or microbial processes, corrosion, distribution system and process control)|
|Wastewater effluents as a source of NOM|
|Land use and catchment management strategies for reducing NOM in raw waters|
|NOM quantity and quality-trends, processes and modeling|
|Impact of NOM on interactin and mobility of synthetic compounds: reactivity, analysis, treatment and managing persistent organic pollutants.|
IWA PARTICLE SEPARATION CONFERENCE
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
|Particle monitoring, sensing and characterization|
|Emerging technologies for particle removal|
|Progress in particle separation technologies, such as coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, flotation, filtration, membrane processes, cycloning and centrifugation|
|Particle removal in industrial context|
|Recovery of particulate resources from wastewater|
|Separation of micro algae|
|Behavior/control of microplastics|
|New treatment chemicals for particle separation|
IMPORTANT DATES AROUND ABSTRACT AND PAPER SUBMISSION
|Call for Abstracts open||1 February 2023|
|Abstract submission deadline||15 July 2023|
|Notification of acceptance of abstracts||from 15 June 2023|
|Full paper submission||31 October 2023|
- Click on the link below. access the site using the email address and password you created when submitting your abstract.
- Click on your abstract title.
- Check whether the paper is submitted to the correct Conference.
- Check whether “oral” or “poster” selection is correct.
- Check whether the topic still applies. Please note the suffixes “NOM*” or “PS” and select the topic to correspond to the conference you are submitting to.
- Update the short biosketch to introduce yourself, if applicable (maximum 300 words).
- Check the box if you are interested in publishing in the IWA journal.
- Scroll down to find the “Upload paper” button just below the text box containing your bio.
- Upload the completed paper as a .DOCX file.
- Check the list of authors and their affiliations and mark the presenting author in the tick box.
- If you want to submit a second paper, go back to your profile page and follow the same process.
- If you go to your profile page, the paper(s) you have submitted should be listed there. If they do not appear, make sure you have clicked on “submit for review”.
- You should receive a confirmation email message once the paper has been submitted successfully.